Beams bend but do no break
- A very complete website on shell buckling : https://shellbuckling.com/
Vaulting into the Air
- J.Hoepffner Models for an alternative pole vault (p.345) in Sport physics Editions de l’Ecole Polytechnique (2013)
- an interesting article from the Guardian on Dracula ants jaw snapping
How does a Grasshopper jump from Maddie Moate’s channel
How do spaghettis break ?
The Secret of Snapping Spaghetti from SmarterEverydayChannel and partly inspired by the work of our colleagues Basile Audoly & Sébastien Neukirch .
The Choreography of Pine Cones
Artistic self-folding origani by Étienne Cliquet
The Fern Sporangium: A Unique Catapult by Xavier Noblin et al., Science 335, 1322 (2012)
- A.Mayer et al., Analysis of bow-hair fibers Proceedings of the international symposium of musical acoustics ISMA 2007
Stick-slip motion of violin strings under a moving bow
Restless Grains of Sand
- Claudin and B. Andreotti, A scaling law for aeolian dunes on Mars, Venus, Earth, and for subaqueous rippples, Earth and Planetary Science Letters 252, 30 (2006).
Martian dunes as compered with Earth dunes from Astrum channel
Angle of repose and avalanche angle (and many interesting demonstrations from Amàco group)
The trap of the Antlion by Sir David Attenborough