– 2009-2006 PhD thesis in solid-state physics, University Paris-SUD 11, France
“Atomic scale study of the solid solution hardening in faced centered-cubic-binary alloys”
Section of Physical Metallurgy (SRMP), French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), Saclay, France
– 2006-2007 Master of science in solid-state physics (equivalent Master’s degree)
National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology (INSTN), Saclay, France
– 2001-2005 Mechanical engineering school (equivalent Master’s degree in engineering)
University of Technology of Compiègne (UTC), France.
– Since 2013 CNRS researcher at PMMH (Physique de Mécanique des Milieux Hétérogènes) laboratory, UMR 7636 – CNRS and ESPCI (Ecole Supérieure de Physique et Chimie de la Ville de Paris), Paris, France. Ranked 3 st by the national selection committee over more that 100 candidates.
– 2012 – 2013 Postdoctoral researcher at Dep. of Materials Science and Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA. “Atomic-scale flow defect in metallic glasses” with M. Falk.
– 2010 – 2012 Postdoctoral researcher at at PMMH laboratory, UMR 7636 – CNRS at ESPCI, France. “Crack front propagation in heterogeneous brittle materials” with V. Lazarus and D. Vandembroucq.
Supervision of students
– 2013-2016 B. Tyukodi, “A depinning approach of amorphous plasticity and dewetting”. Co-advisor with D. Vandembroucq. PMMH, ESPCI, Paris, France.
– 2014-2015 M. Ferreira, “Effective toughness at random heterogeneous interfaces”. Co-advisor with A. Atman Picardi Faria. PMMH, ESPCI, Paris, France.
– 2017 A. Barbot (ENS), “Nucleation and diffusion of shear bands in amorphous solids”.
– 2016 C. Julien (UPMC), “Plasticity of an amorphous material reinforced with nanoparticles”.
– 2016 H. Wang (ESPCI), “Elastic anisotropy induced by deformation in a model glass”.
– 2016 P. Soudon (UPMC), “Atomistic study of the properties of amorphous nanocomposite”.
– 2016 P. Le Jeannic (UPMC), “Evolution of the local slip thresholds distribution of a glass under load”.
– 2014 C. Ricard (UTC), “DIC : Application to cracking in three dimensions in a two-phase glass”.
– 2012 G. Vallat (UTC) “Crack front shape in finite size samples due to anticlastic effect”.
– 2008 J. Tchoufag (UTC) “Thermal activation of the crossing of a solute atom by a dislocation”. Now postdoctoral researcher at UC Berkeley, with K. Mandadapu.
– 2012-2013 Teacher assistant for undergraduate students at the Johns Hopkins University: Thermodynamic, bio-material structure and computational modules (40h).
– 2012-2013 Participation to the program of research in education for the Johns Hopkins University: Interviews of student solving individual exercises (18h).
– 2010 Teacher assistant at the Faculty of Biomedical des Saints-Peres Paris Descartes: First Year Studies of Health. Physical bases of transport and equilibrium (24h).
– 2007-2008 Lecturer at the National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology (INSTN). I gave a course during two years which is on syllabus of the Master’s degree in solid-state physics (30h/year).
– 2016 – 2021 Elected member of the National Committee for Scientific Research – CoNRS – section 9.
– 2016 Member of the High Council for Evaluation of Research and Higher Education (HCERES).
– Since 2016 Communication manager of the PMMH laboratory for the CNRS Institute for Engineering and Systems Sciences (INSIS).
– Since 2015 Organizer of the laboratory’s seminars: organization, invitation and welcome of visiting researchers (35/year).
– Since 2013 Host: Science Festival at the ESPCI, which aim to inform the public, especially scholar groups coming from primary and high schools, about developments in science and their implications for society.
– Since 2013 Computer correspondent of ESPCI for the PMMH laboratory.
– Since 2013 Responsible for the high-performance computation of the PMMH laboratory: Market study, purchase, development and administration of computing clusters.
– Since 2013 Responsible for the PMMH laboratory’s website: Redesign, administration and editorialization (www.pmmh.espci.fr).
Commissions of trust
– Referee for Acta Mater., Phil. Mag. and The French National Research Agency (ANR, generic call).
– 2016 PhD Committee member for G. Marnier thesis, INSA Rouen, France.
Honors and awards
– 2010: Prix Jacques Dalla Torre rewarded by the French Society for Metallurgy and Materials (SF2M)
Oral presentations and posters at international conferences (16)
– StatPhys26, Lyon, France, Jul. 2016 (Oral)
– APS, Baltimore, USA, Mar. 2013 (Oral)
– IWCMM, Baltimore, USA, Sep. 2012 (Oral)
– Les Houches, France, Jan. 2012 (Poster)
– MRS, Boston, USA, Nov. 2012 (Oral)
– EuroMat, Montpellier, France, Sep. 2011 (Oral)
– EuroMat, Montpellier, France, Sep. 2011 (Oral)
– CFM, Besançon, France, Aug. 2011 (2 orals)
– CECAM, Dublin, Ireland, July 2011. (Poster)
– JMC12, Troyes, France, Aug. 2010 (2 orals)
– Plasticité, Marseille, France, June 2009 (Oral)
– SPF congress, Palaiseau, France, Jul. 2009 (Poster)
– MMM, Tallahassee, USA, Oct. 2008 (Oral)
– Dislocation, Hong Kong, China, Oct. 2008 (Poster)
Invited seminars (12)
– IPR, Soft Matter Department, Rennes (June 2017)
– ENS, Département de Chimie, Paris (June 2016)
– PMMH, ESPCI, Paris, France (Feb. 2014)
– FAST, Université Paris Sud, Orsay (April 2012)
– CrisMat, ENSI, Caen, France (March 2012)
– PMMH, ESPCI, Paris, France (Sep. 2011)
– Institut Pprime, Poitiers, France (Oct. 2010)
– GLVT-CNRS, Thiais, France (Jan. 2010)
– UMET, Univ. de Lille, Lille, France (Nov. 2009)
– SPCSI, CEA, Saclay, France (June 2009)
– LEM, ONERA, Châtillon, France (March 2009)
– Roberval laboratory, UTC, France (May 2008)