program for year 2020
Wednesdays 14h-17h30 in room 363/S65 (ENS)
- 8th Jan : How to describe deformations : stresses and strains
- 15rd Jan : Deformable slender objects : stretching and bending.
- 22th Jan : What is a solid?
- 29th Jan : Engineering point of view on rods and trusses : the linear response.
- 5th Feb : Elastic energy
- 12th Feb : Fracture: how things break.
- 26th Feb : Elastic Instabilities (static and flutter) : avoiding and using them.
- 4th March : Fracture and adhesion of slender objects.
- 11th March : Soft solids.
- 18th March : Plates and shells. !!!! this last will be remotely broadcast via Zoom. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org !!!
Exam on the 31st of March (and maybe some other day)
!!!! The exam will be done remotely. More info later. !!!