International workshop on Functional Ultrasound Imaging of the Brain
The first international workshop dedicated to “Functional ultrasound imaging of the brain” will take place from October 27th to November 2nd 2019 in the beautiful setting of Cargèse in Corsica, France. This workshop will bring together physicists, biologists and clinicians to share their knowledge and latest advances on different aspects of functional ultrasound imaging of the brain, from technical developments to fundamental and clinical research.
An outstanding line-up of international experts has been invited to give talks on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to: basics and principles of functional ultrasound imaging, technical developments towards 3D imaging, neuro-vascular coupling, brain functions during cognitive tasks, study of the somato-sensory systems, ultrasonic neuromodulation, blood-brain-barrier permeabilization.
Researchers, clinicians and students in the fields of ultrasound or neurosciences are welcome to attend and to apply for poster presentations. The workshop will foster transdisciplinary interactions in a friendly atmosphere.
The detailed program will be available soon. Listed below are the international experts who have kindly accepted to give a keynote lecture during the workshop:
- Richard Andersen, CalTech University, USA
- Jean-Francois Aubry, Physics for Medicine Paris, France
- Olivier Baud, Geneva Hospital, Switzerland
- Antoine Bergel, Physics for Medicine Paris, France
- Yves Boubenec, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France
- Serge Charpak, Université Paris Descartes, France
- Charlie Demené, Physics for Medicine Paris, France
- Zsolt Lenkei, Institut de Psychatrie et Neuroscience, France
- Georg Maret, Konstanz University, Germany
- Bruno-Félix Osmanski, Iconeus, Paris, France
- Fabienne Perren, Hôpital Universitaire de Genève, Suisse
- Sophie Pezet, Physics for Medicine Paris, France
- Pierre Pouget, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière, France
- Mikhail Shapiro, CalTech University, USA
- Artem Shatillo, Charles River Laboratories, Finland
- Mickael Tanter, Physics for Medicine Paris, France
- William Tyler, Arizona State University, USA
- Denis Vivien, Université de Caen-Normandie, France
Pre-registration is now closed. If you have not received any e-mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Registration fees: 350€ for students, 500€ for non-students.
The registration fees cover the attendance to the workshop as well as the accomodation and lunches from Sunday evening to Saturday morning. Payment is due by September 15th, 2019.
The workshop will be held in the Institut d’Etudes Scientifiques de Cargèse, located on the west coast of Corsica. The institute hosts international scientific events since the 1960s in a beautiful seaside setting with direct access to a private beach.
Shared acccomodation will be arranged by the organizers in the village houses.
The easiest access is through Ajaccio airport (1h30 flight from Paris). Transfer between the workshop venue and Ajaccio airport will be organized for the workshop attendees for an arrival on Sunday afternoon and a departure on Saturday morning. Specific arrangements can be discussed with the organizers.
For more details on functional ultrasound imaging, visit the website of our ERC-funded project FUSIMAGINE.