Mar 30 R&D engineer position (w/m)
Research & Development Engineer (w/m)
Permanent position -immediate recruitment
Location: Paris area, France
Position and missions
As part of Cyprio’s research program to develop new products and services, the R&D engineer leads and coordinates the scientific project from the design phase to completion. Cyprio’s R&D innovation projects cover a wide range of specialties: biology, chemistry, physics, biochemistry, toxicology, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, analytics, medical devices, regenerative and translational medicine….
Main missions of R&D engineer:
- Organize and conduct scientific and technological projects in the laboratory.
- Design, develop and implement new methodologies as part of its research.
- Determine all the techniques necessary for the experimental realization of its scientific projects.
- Define the process for carrying them out and their development.
- Produce, analyze, validate and interpret the experiments’ data.
- Critically analyze and check the consistency of experimental results with hypotheses.
- Identify and diagnose malfunctions and/or anomalies and propose relevant solutions to save time and costs.
- Ensure financial management and time monitoring of projects according to the predefined budget and schedule.
- Evaluate and mobilize the resources needed for the execution of research projects.
- Participate in the recruitment and supervision of interns.
- Participate in the writing of new research projects and funding applications.
- Identify appropriate scientific, academic and industrial partners for the development of its projects.
- Participate in productions.
- Write activity reports in French and English.
- Disseminate and promote the results of scientific, technical and technological developments internally and externally.
- Ensure scientific, technological, competitive and regulatory monitoring
- Carry out national and international travel: participation in meetings between partners, presentation at congresses….
- Detect and propose new research fields to explore during the enrollment of scientific and technological experiments.
We are looking for our future collaborator, a star cell and molecular biologist and 3D cell culture specialist, holder of a doctorate in life sciences with more than 3 years of experience in the field of hepatology (disease modelling, toxicity, regeneration and liver transplantation…). Proven expertise in liver cell culture, human pluripotent stem cells and 3D culture is required. A previous experience with pancreatic cell culture would be highly appreciated. Writing skills in English and French for scientific projects and grant applications are highly expected. As a young company of great value, we are looking for a highly motivated and proactive collaborator, with a culture of excellence and teamwork, analytical thinking, proven creativity and sharp problem-solving skills. As a company targeting the whole world, French and English are mandatory. The expected skills are:
- Rigour and organisation, creativity, versatility, working spirit in a young and innovative company at the interface of several disciplines, being at the origin of innovative ideas and the implementation of new processes within the company.
- Essential technical knowledge: experience of working with the culture of liver cells, primary & stem cells and cell lines, 3D cell culture & imaging, molecular biology, LC-MS/MS, biomaterial physicochemistry
- Scientific knowledge required in the company’s field of activity: physico-chemistry of biomaterials, biochemistry, pharmacology, DMPK and toxicology, tissue bioengineering, cell therapy, biomedical devices…
- French and English speaking skills for internal and external presentations on project results and advances
- French and English writing skills for scientific project drafting and grant applications
- Project management techniques (expression of needs, specifications, planning, etc.) and associated tools
- Working skills with informatic tools
- Concepts of health economics, social law, bioethics….
Salary: to be negotiated depending on profile
Application deadline: 15/04/2019
Elements to be provided for the application
This is your opportunity to use your skills in liver, pancreatic and human pluripotent stem cell culture at the forefront of a revolution in 3D cell modelling using a cutting-edge spheroid generation technology in a young, fast-growing and high-value company.
You can send your CV and cover letter tracing your professional record and two recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.